Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Chapter Closed

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

Dear sisters and brothers,

SubhanAllah being here in the UK, I thank Allah S.W.T for giving me hidayah day by day. Masya Allah how every single day I find myself loving Islam more and more. When you open your heart to the blessings that Allah gives you, you will find contentment. I am blessed to be studying in Sheffield, where I have lovely ukhuwahs close-by to help me repair myself and fix my deen. Everyday I look forward to the time when I will do sujood, to magnify His glory, to make myself understand, that I am no one but just a mere creation.

Only recently, have I deleted my old Facebook account and created a new one. It is because of the fact that there are countless pictures of me without full coverage there. And I am scared. I keep repenting but my sin of having my pictures seen by non-mahrams is still running loose. So with the aid of my lovely ukhuwahs who asked me which is more important: dunia or akhirah? So a simple solution to that was just to delete my Facebook. It was a lot to take in because basically most of my life was in there but then again... that's my worldly life and I'm IN NEED of my akhirah. He's always watching. After deleting my Facebook, I felt such a huge relief. Masya Allah. That part of my story is closed. Let the past be the past. My past made me ME but let's not open the chapters of sin anymore and walk the path of Jannah, In Sya Allah :)

This quote from: http://youtu.be/dv1cKCVzv4I video has opened my eyes. Masya Allah. Bless the sister who shared the video.

"The more you grow, the more you study, the more Imaan you have. The more you become dis-attracted to some of the things, of the dunya. You don't like what you used to do. I have Quran in my heart, I have the love of the Prophet, I have the love of Allah, I have something in me. And I'm now different. I feel different."

Pray for me. That I will always follow the deen.

No comments:

Post a Comment