Friday, September 23, 2011

Music and Sports

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

Music and sports... they're two things that I feel will drift me apart from fully embracing Islam but I'm still in learning process. I for one, like post-hardcore music and these kinds of music will definitely consume my thoughts and beliefs. They never really affected me but letting myself in the bliss of the sounds makes me feel like I'm sinning. Sports-wise... I ran the other day without any tudung/hijab and I actually felt guilty. One step from the house without covering my aurat will lead my father one step closer to Hell and it makes me insecure. What am I suppose to achieve?

These doubts of mine.. Am I ready to give up a million other habits of mine for Allah? Lately I've been scared of the news around the world; of wars and rebellions. Humans are already in chaos which means the end is closer. Some people are still living with their own usual teenage drama without a bother of these issues. The bigger picture.

I'm just confused. What am I, as an Islamic youth, suppose to do for the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment